Restumping is often refered to as reblocking and is mainly done on weatherboard or fibre cement homes.
Common indicators your house house needs stumps replaced;
- Noisy floorboards , tiles or carpets
- Windows and doors not closing propertly
- Cracks in internal plastering
Process of house restumping:
- Firstly we assess the job and discuss with owners all possible outcomes .
- We then remove all plinth and put in place hydrualic jacks to support the home whilst we work.
- Once supported, we remove the timber stumps, and repair or replace any parts of the floor that need work.
- We then put in place all concrete stumps and get them level and lined up for concrete.
- We pour the concrete and remove jacks once concrete has strenthened.